Once you purchase a vehicle, you will be given a randomly colored key on your toolbelt, so make sure you have room!
- Keys are only required for locking and unlocking the vehicle. A key is not required to drive the unlocked vehicle.
- The key will be placed on your toolbelt, so make sure you have room.
- If you lose the vehicle's key, you won't be able to lock or unlock it.
- Using the Key Makers Kit and a piece of tin, over a fire, you can create copies of your key for others.
- New in v188.8.131.52 Bicycles no longer lockable
- Locking your vehicle does not prevent it from being destroyed or salvaged.
- All owned vehicles will spawn locked after server restart, unless your key is destroyed/dropped.
Cargo[edit | edit source]
- As of v184.108.40.206 Locked vehicles' stored equipment is secure when the vehicle is locked.
- Cargo can be checked on any vehicle, by the scroll wheel action "Cargo Check"
Stealing Locked Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- As of v220.127.116.11 you can find a rare item called a Hotwire Kit. This item allows you to hotwire a locked vehicle, and use it until the next server restart, where it will lock again. There is a 25% chance of failure upon using a Hotwire Kit. Use them wisely!