Base Building & Crafting
Epoch Energy System
Before a player can start building, they must first gain some energy. This can be done in three ways:
- Vehicles - While in any vehicle with the engine running, the player will gain approximately 5 energy every 10 seconds;
- Solar/Wind Power - If the player is within 75 meters of a solar farm tower or wind turbine they will gain approximately 5 energy every 10 seconds;
- Energy Packs - By double clicking an energy pack in your inventory, there is an option to "use". This will give the player energy instantly, but will use up the energy pack (small energy pack = 100 energy. large energy pack = 1000 energy).
- Using night vision goggles, or the night vision function on range finders, will also require energy.
- Energy gains do not stack while in a vehicle within range of towers/turbines or multiple towers/turbines
|View Building Controls|
|Q||Center object in front of player's view|
|Page up||Lift object|
|Page down||lower object|
|Home||Push object away from you|
|End||Move object towards you|
|Insert||Push object leftward|
|Delete||Push object rightward|
Note:- Base building objects get deleted after 7 days. Moving the object or Painting walls extends this for 7 more days. For more info see Maintaining Bases.
Some building pieces can be upgraded with the use of additional materials:
- Wooden Wall Upgrades
- Fireplaces as of v0.3 need to be placed and upgraded. See the video on the right for more details.
If they are not maintained, base pieces will be removed after 7 days of being placed.
To avoid this, you can do one of the following:
- Use Krypto at your frequency jammer at a cost of 1 Krypto per base piece within it's radius.
- Paint upgraded wall pieces.
- Move existing base pieces.
The best way is clearly through the frequency jammer, as painting will only work on upgraded walls, and moving every piece of a base and getting them back to how they were would be very time consuming on all except the most basic bases.
There are many items that can be crafted in Epoch, but they are always started in the same way: by double clicking the item in your inventory.
This is an overview of how to craft items, which can be applied to all crafting in the list of Items and Recipes;